What Laura Loves #2

I'm just back from a gloriously hot and balmy week in Crete, so here are the things I've been loving pre- and post-holiday!

Planning and Lists
I'm an absolute fiend for this kind of thing anyway, but my list-making and plan-writing is currently on another level. I wrote lists for what to pack for holiday, what to do on holiday, and what to do when I got back. I'm a real worrier and I find that having everything written down definitely does help to ease the stress ever so slightly. My current favourite kind of planning and list-making is for something very particular - a book. I'm absolutely loving spending any free time making plot plans, chapter plans, character plans... Everyone loves that kind of thing, right?

Reading
Sticking with a literary theme, reading is one of life's greatest rediscoveries for me. I haven't read a book that I actually wanted to read for about a year now; every time I wanted to read, uni-guilt took over and I read something course-related instead. But now I'm done, it's been just gorgeous to sit down and plunge back into books and fiction and wonderful, beautiful words. In the last three weeks alone I've read Joni Mitchell's Blue Period (a must for a super fan like me!) and We'll Always Have Paris, which I just adored, as well as re-reading the classic Mrs Dalloway and one of my favourites, William Boyd's Any Human Heart, which I recommend to everyone whenever someone asks.

Finishing University
It's finally done! All the hard work, the endless reading and the endless list-making (yes, two of my favourite things, but not necessarily in this context) is finally finished and thankfully, it was all worth it in the end. In just over a week's time, I will be graduating with a BA in Commercial Music, with First Class Honours. I honestly couldn't be more thrilled! I'm really looking forward to the graduation, as my boyfriend and I were on the same course and are both graduating with Firsts, so it will be a really special day for both our families, as well as us.

Having a (Real!) Tan
Superficial, yes. Happiness-inducing, also yes. I am so pale that I am translucent. Sunbeds are an absolute no-no for me, and as much as I love a colour, I hate the stink of fake tan and the mess it leaves over clothes, sheets, towels... Ugh. So now I'm back from Crete, I've managed to hold on to some kind of lovely light bronze glow that has stopped strangers from asking me if I'm feeling alright (always a plus!). But I know that it won't last forever, so when it starts to fade, I think I've found my holy grail of tanning products in Anatomicals' Me Tarzan - You Jane - We Cheaters spray tan. It's light and natural, doesn't transfer and doesn't smell!

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray
My hair is quite naturally dry (or so I'm told), and it definitely doesn't like long days baking in the heat. It turns into straw! So before we went away, I was on a mission to find a conditioning spray that would soothe my hair after a long day in the sun. After seeing this pop up on many a beauty blog, I decided it would be the one to trial, and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's a leave-in conditioner with argan oil, that soaks into the hair and replenishes any loss of moisture. The smell is great, and the spray itself is very light and doesn't leave any residue on the hair, something I was concerned about. This was a great product to spritz on in the evening after a day at the beach, and it made sure my hair looked fresh and soft, rather than frazzled, in our photographs! Now we're home I am still reaching for it in-between washes, to keep my 'do looking smooth, feeling soft and smelling delicious!

What are you loving this month?

3 comments:

  1. so jealous my fiance and I went to Crete in 2011 and loved it! would give anything to go back now but alas saving for a wedding! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but how perfect will your honeymoon be?! I love your blog, and your wedding updates, can't wait to see more! x

      Delete
  2. Aw lucky you, I so fancy going away somewhere hot. Must check out We'll Always Have Paris too, in need of a new summer read x

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest