My Dressing Table

I love these kinds of posts - I'm incredibly nosy and I love seeing how other people live, how they dress their homes and what kinds of products they use. So I present to you - my very own dressing table, for you to snoop at, at your leisure!

This is my first dressing table - when I was growing up, we moved house so often I never really got a 'proper' bedroom of my own, decorated how I wanted, and I always seemed to end up with whatever furniture was going for any of my new bedrooms. When I told my boyfriend this, he was shocked, and so bought me this lovely number for my 20th birthday present! It was only £50 from a charity shop, and is incredible condition. Once we have stopped renting and eventually own a place, I want to sand it down and paint it and add some new handles etc, but it's difficult to do any renovations when you're in a rented flat on the first floor!




 


This is my dressing table on a tidy day! To the right, I keep all of my products in one generally messy section - most of the products on my dressing table are hair products and fake tans. On the shelf in front of the mirror is my perfumes and face creams, as well as a few boxes to keep things like kirbies, hairbands and false eyelashes. The first is a cute little Miffy mini chest of drawers that a friend bought me years and years ago. The silver ornate trinket box is my favourite - it was my mum's grandmother's, given to me a while back. It's so beautiful and intricate, and I love the enamelled flowers on the lid. The last box is a cute little brassy one with a painting-style lid; I found it in a charity shop and thought it might be useful.

My brushes are in a purple tumbler from Primark - I have hand lotion in a matching pump dispenser on the other side of the table - which was only £2 for the set. I keep my rings in a real clam shell that I bought in Tenerife last year, it's a really pretty cream and pink hue, with hinges and a lock. The china bunny cotton-wool holder is something I saw on Pinterest, that I was thrilled to find in a shop in Glasgow for just £2. I've actually bought my mum the same thing for Mother's Day, I loved it so much. The black velvet box is my memory box - it's got everything from the cinema tickets to every film me and my boy have ever seen together (including our first date, aww) to a balloon from my 21st birthday. Around the top of the mirror I hang bits and pieces - currently there's a string of vintage pearls, a flower garland headband, mittens, my Fashion Week pass, earmuffs, a few headbands and some colourful leis from a fancy dress party that I couldn't bear to part with! The final thing is a vintage silver butter dish, shaped like an oyster. I bought it for £5 in an antiques shop last year and filled it with pearls, of course.

I love every bit of my dressing table - everything is either functional or pretty, so everything has a place. What does yours look like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest