What Laura Loves: Valentine's Edition

Happy Valentine's Day! And after this, if you're not keen on sentimentality, I'd click the back button if I were you...

I've always celebrated Valentine's Day when I've been in a relationship, but the true meaning and loveliness of the day was never really apparent to me, until I met my boy, undoubtedly the love of my life. After an abundance of poorly-chosen, half-dead flowers, cheesy cards and homemade spaghetti bolognese that tasted just awful, my boy walked through the door with an armful of roses and a heart full of love. And every year, he has impressed me more and more with his kindness, his patience and his unrivalled thoughtfulness and consideration.

Those roses on our first Valentine's Day have been the only flowers he's bought me for that specific occasion, but it doesn't matter a jot. He buys me bouquets on a whim when it's his turn to do the shopping, he comes home with a bunch when I'm feeling poorly, and he brings me my favourites just because. So, in answer to all you cynics, we don't celebrate our love just on this one day a year - we celebrate it every day, but we choose today to do something small and meaningful, to take a step back and really indulge in the something truly special that we share. And after my boy's unbelievably romantic gift today, I know I will cherish what we have forever, and most definitely not just one day a year. I am grateful every day to know that I have someone who understands me, who stands by me and who supports me in everything I choose to do. Add to that that we're so well-matched we chose to homemake each other almost the same present this year (I kid you not), and I'd say we really do have something to celebrate.

I hope you and your other halves have a lovely day too, and always remember to be thankful for the happiness you've found!



1 comments:

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest