Review: L'Oreal Triple Active Day Multi-Protection Moisturiser


As we all know, moisturising is the most important part of any skincare routine, and finding the right one can be a little tricky. My personal favourite is The Body Shop's Vitamin E Day Cream, and I use the Night and Intense versions too. I recently ran out of this, and decided to try something new. I settled on L'Oreal's Triple Active day cream, which was a steal in Semichem for £3.99, when next door in Superdrug it was £6.99!

The presentation of the cream is great - I like the box, as it always makes products a little better quality to me (I know, what a sucker). I really like the heavy-duty jar, with its inner lid too. The whole aesthetic of this cream just screams quality and expense at me, which I love, especially when it was so cheap.

The smell of the cream is lovely, not too floral or fragrant, just a nice clean smell. It's quite thick for a day cream, and therein lies my problem with Triple Active. If I apply the amount I would normally use (which I don't think is excessive), it won't sink into my skin properly and peels off in little pieces, which isn't ideal. If I apply a lot less, it still peels, just not as much. I've yet to discover just how little I need to use in order for it to sink in properly! It feels incredibly lavish and rich on the skin, and once it has sunk in, my face feels smooth and hydrated. However, for me, there isn't enough of a reason to repurchase, and I think I'll be heading back to my trusty Body Shop cream as soon as possible!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always searching for a new moisturiser. Might give this a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know if I'd recommend this L'Oreal one, it really does peel so much even if you apply just a tiny bit much. I would 100% recommend the Body Shop one though xx

      Delete
    2. I read somewhere, that what peels off is your old skin layer..

      Delete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest