Product Review: W7 Prime Magic Camera Ready Primer




I recently took my first real foray into primers. I never really saw the point to be perfectly honest; I thought they were a bit of a gimmick and couldn't see how they would do anything more than what my moisturiser could. The only primer I ever used was a miniature of Benefit's That Gal, and although I love the smell and the soft glow it gave me, it was masked by my foundation and I couldn't really see any benefit once my makeup had been applied.

However, things have changed. After watching Kate's make-up tutorials, I was convinced to give primer another go, and set about looking for a cheap option. I used Amazon to hunt down an affordable primer with good reviews; searching for makeup on Amazon is actually great for bargains and I would thoroughly recommend giving it a go, as you can find lots of drugstore brands for much cheaper, as well as brands not so readily available, like Technic and W7.

I chose to order the W7 Prime Magic Camera Ready primer, as it was just £3.99, and after doing some research, found that it had mostly great reviews. Luckily, I can add to those!


The Prime Magic primer is a clear primer, with no glitter or shimmer. It comes out of the tube quite thickly, not very liquid at all, and looks quite heavy and viscous, but it smooths on to the skin like a dream. The thickness means you only have to use a small blob, and it glides on and settles on to the skin very quickly. It leaves a matte finish to my skin, and makes my face feel velvety soft within seconds. I find that my skin is a bit oily at times but the primer mattifies my whole face in seconds, and allows me to apply makeup seconds after moisturising, which I could never do before. There's no cheap synthetic scent either, and so far it hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out either.

For staying power, I can't complain at all. Pre-primer, I had to re-apply powder to my face every couple of hours to soak up any oil seeping through my foundation. However, now I find that my makeup stays matte all day, with no need for touch-ups. Since starting to use Prime Magic, I've found that my makeup goes on better, stays on better and just generally looks better too - I can't believe I've gone this long without using any primer, but I'll definitely be buying this one again!

Have you used Prime Magic Camera Ready primer? What did you think, or do you have another favourite that you can't live without?

Laura Jayne xox

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review! It was very helpful, W7 it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. I loved the review. Would you mind checking out my blog.

    wwww.lee616liam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest