Body Shop Vitamin E Skincare Routine

(top row - cream cleanser, hydrating toner. mid row - night cream,
intense cream, moisture cream. bottom - cleansing bar)

I first experienced the Body Shop's Vitamin E range aged 13, when my mum bought me a miniature set to introduce me to skincare. I fell in love - with the smell, the texture, the overall goodness I felt. Unfortunately, this range is quite expensive for a high street brand (and for a student!), so once that set ran out a long time ago, I have waited for the opportunity to try it again. And then along came Christmas!

I asked for some of this range, expecting a similar gift to before; mostly miniatures, perhaps one full-size. But I was so pleased to get pretty much the entire Vitamin E range, full size, and haven't looked back! In the set my parents put together, I got the following items:

* Moisture Cream 50ml
* Nourishing Night Cream 50ml
* Intense Moisture Cream 50ml
* Cream Cleanser 200ml
* Hydrating Toner 200ml
* Facial Cleansing Bar 100g
* Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes 25 pack

I've been using the cleanser, toner, wipes, day cream and night cream every day since Christmas, and my face has never been clearer and my skin never softer. I only used the cleansing bar for the first time last night, because I feel a bit funny about putting soap on my face, although I'm assured this is specifically designed to hydrate and soften the skin, unlike most other soaps which dry the face out.

I love almost everything about these products; I thought that in the seven years following my first dalliance with them, my tastes would have changed or I'd be a more discerning customer, but there's not really anything to complain about! The texture of the face cream is light and almost like a gel; it feels very wet but absorbs very quickly and makes an excellent make-up base. The night cream feels much thicker, much more what you'd expect from a night product. However, it's still not heavy and soaks in really well. I have used the Intense Cream too, usually after a long shower to rehydrate my face. This feels like a really heavy-duty product; it's really thick and gloopy, but in the best possible way. Again, it sinks in quickly and it feels like it's doing its job - I couldn't ask for any more!

I have very sensitive skin so I'm always careful with cleansers that they aren't too full of alcohol and harsh chemicals. Even Simple products sometimes sting! But the Vitamin E cleanser and toner have been nothing but fabulous. The cleanser has a light and creamy consistency, and removes all make-up without dragging on the skin. The toner works well with the cleanser too - even when you think your skin is clean, you wouldn't believe how much dirt and make-up this toner can still find and remove! It's a thicker, gloopier consistency than other cleansers I've tried, but it's so soft and it really gets the job done, for want of a better phrase.

As I said, I tried the cleansing bar for the first time last night. I'd been putting it off because I don't like soap for my face, but this is something else altogether. The scent is much stronger and a bit more synthetic than the rest of the range, but it works just as brilliantly. My skin felt squeaky clean and so soft! The bar lathered up nicely and rinsed off quickly without residue, and didn't even sting my eyes!

The face wipes are the only thing I have a minor issue with, but it's probably just me having such sensitive skin. They remove make-up well, and are more like cloths than wipes. However, something in them is that bit stronger and they always stung my eyes when I removed eye make-up. Like I said, probably just one of those things that only affects the ridiculously delicate. But otherwise, very effective face wipes! They aren't pictured because they are all used up - sorry!

Overall I love this range. Everything has a lovely texture, the creams are easily absorbed, the cleansing products really work... what more can I say? The scent of the range is also something I really like about it, it smells very delicate and fresh and not too synthetic either. The only problem I have is with the price - the moisture creams retails for £9,although the intense version is £11. The cleanser and toner are £7 each, and the face wipes are £5.50. If you buy things individually then it's not so bad, but replacing the set in one go looks like it'll come in at around £50! Hopefully I don't run out before my birthday in July, so I can request a top-up...!

Have you tried the Vitamin E range? What are your favourite skincare products?

Laura Jayne xox

3 comments:

  1. I've only tried the eye cream, which I have right now, and I think it's really good. Have actually noticed a bit of a difference since I started using it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything vitimin E, you hear so many good things about it. My mum has there hand cream, so I steel that sometimes and its lovely!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used the hand cream but I might have to give it a go! Bea, I'd been wanting the eye cream, good to know it's worth using, will definitely be heading in to buy that I think!! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest