you're the reason i'm travelling on, but don't think twice it's alright

Hello!

It's been a lovely couple of days, after my exam on Thursday, we headed up to Stirling for a birthday night out, which proved to be very eventful. FYI, don't order a cocktail pitcher in Fubar if you want to sit down with it and drink it in a civilised way - as I found out, ordering this doesn't mean sharing out with glasses, it means drinking it to yourself with a straw! Crazy. I took some pictures of my outfit before I went out - I wore a Miss Selfridge dress, which my mother-in-law found in the charity shop she volunteers in, with tights and lovely new shoes(!) but for the night-time, I took the tights off and wore my favourite Primark £3 shoe-boots.


(Dress - Miss Selfridge (thrifted), Belt - Vintage, Shoes - Internacionale)

I spent some of Thursday looking for a lipstick that was very similar to Topshop's Ohh La La. Since I quit my job, money is very scarce, so I wasn't looking to spend £8 on, let's be honest, an unnecessary item. Ohh La La is a light, creamy, shimmery coral, and I was hoping to find the perfect dupe. I found something pretty similar in Boots, at the Barry M stand. No.53 is a light, pretty coral colour - to be honest, it's a nicer colour in the bullet, but my lips are quite dark, so perhaps it will look truer to the bullet with a lighter lip base. The bonus of buying it in Boots was being able to pay for it with my Advantage Card points!


It doesn't show up very well in this photo, but you can kind of see it's quite a light coral. This is my first coral lipstick; I'm trying to ease myself into it so I can go quite bright in the summer, once I have a nice tan!

We spent the weekend in Aberdeen with my boyfriend's family, playing with the pug puppies and just generally having a lovely lazy weekend. It was my friend's 21st on Saturday night too - I don't think I got any pictures, but I wore my Motel General dress, which I got on eBay for £3, brand new with the tags still on! If I find any pics, I'll post them up!

When I got back to Glasgow yesterday, I was expecting to find a dress I ordered from eBay had arrived, but unfortunately, it was sat in my post office. After a trek up to the post office, I got it home and I fell in love! It's a beautifully cut, powder-blue lace mini dress, with puffed sleeves and pearlescent buttons - it's so gorgeous! Excuse the dodgy photos - I'm not having my most photogenic day!

I think I paid about £4 for it, which is even better! I'm planning to wear it this Saturday when my mum comes up to visit - I'm taking her to all the vintage shops in Glasgow, finishing off the day with the most gorgeous afternoon tea at the Hidden Tearooms! I'm going to wear it with my black vintage belt featured earlier in the post, and depending on the weather, black tights and my flat T-strap pumps pictured above!

So, did everybody have a nice weekend? Have you had any fabulous eBay finds recently?

Laura Jayne xox

3 comments:

  1. Love the new dress, that's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, I love those shoes, they are so pretty! And totally remind me of Orla Kiely's LFW show!

    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest