Product Review: MUA Heaven and Earth Palette

This is something that every blogger and her dog has had their say on, but I've only just managed to get my hands on this so I know not everyone has had the chance to use it or even see it in real life, so I'm going to get my tuppence worth in too.

The Heaven and Earth palette by MUA is, quite simply, excellent. It's a palette of 12 neutral and easy-to-wear shades that will suit any skintone and any occasion. From a shimmering mother-of-pearl shade right down to a smouldering deep chocolate, you can use the shades in any combination to create your perfect look, whether that be office-appropriate, or sexy and smokey.

I haven't swatched these as really, so many people have done that there's just no point. The shades are very true to pan anyway, and apply just as they appear. They have little to no fall-out either; I've found that they don't drop off the brush when applying, crease, crumble or slide off my lid entirely - quite an achievement for a bargain palette!


As I said, you can mix and match anyway you like. For daytime, I like to use the champagne shimmer (bottom row, third from left) in the corners of my eyes, then wash a mix of the warm beige (top, third from right) and the deep gold (top, far right) over the middle of the lid, and then smudge the corners and outer third with a mix of the three softest, shimmeriest browns in the pallete (bottom, far left and second left, and top, second left). I find it makes a really soft but sexy daytime look, perfect for leaving alone or pairing with a statement lip.

Bloggers with access to high-end brands have said this is a great alternative to the £30+ Urban Decay Naked/Naked 2 palettes, and I can definitely see why. A great shade range, going from the pale and cool, to deep and warm, great quality and a sleek appearance, all for just £4! If you're lucky, you may get further discount, as I got my palette for £3, because the MUA Professional stand had just opened. I think that even if this palette was triple the price, I'd be happy to re-purchase.

Have you used Heaven and Earth? Did you like it?

Laura Jayne xox

2 comments:

  1. mua palettes are so good!
    i got one free once a while ago with my mua order and i've never looked back, they're so bright and pretty.
    i love your blog, i've had a good scroll through and you're an instant follow.
    you seem so nice and lovely too.
    please pop over and say hello, i'd love to chat properly :)
    look forward to hearing from you
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest