What Laura Loves

So I have decided to start up a new regular feature - What Laura Loves. I haven't yet decided if it's weekly or monthly, we will just have to wait and see! But basically it's just a little insight into a few things that have really caught my fancy in the last few weeks...

One - Ballet Flats
Aaah, summer. I've been living so long in boots and tights that I could barely remember what my feet looked like! And with the sun and the (infrequent, admittedly) dry days comes ballerina flats, the most delicate and versatile of all the shoes. I've been going mad buying them recently, adding two new pairs last week alone. It's just been lovely to wear pretty patterned pumps with bare legs and feminine dresses, floating around the park instead of trudging the streets in the rain. But, with the loveliness of delicate shoes does come one humongous downside - pumps make my feet hurt...!

Two - Nivea Express Hydration Primer
I've already written about this little beauty here but the love affair has not stopped yet. I took a different product away with me for the weekend and I really did miss the splash of moisture this gave my skin. It will definitely be coming with me to Greece next week, and then it can really be put to the test!

Three - Bourjois Healthy Mix
Oh God, late to the party or what?! I've been a user of Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid for years and years and years, and loved the soft-focus airbrushed look it gave to my skin. But with new seasons comes new needs, and after several summers of this foundation being just a bit too heavy, I decided to buy into the hype and test drive Healthy Mix for a lighter alternative. What can I say guys, it's love. The shade (Vanilla Clair, 51) is perfect, it glides on and buffs in like a dream, and really leaves a smooth, dewy finish that covers blemishes but still lets my freckles through. Next up on the wishlist is the Healthy Mix concealer and powder...

Four - Being finished with university!
As of three weeks ago, I officially finished my Honours degree and will now be heading out into the big, bad world! Terrifying and liberating and oh-so exciting, all at the same time. I've received all my grades now, and am just waiting on official confirmation of my classification (I have a good idea what I have gotten, but don't want to jinx it!) and of course, the graduation ceremony. I'm ever so disappointed that my university doesn't permit mortarboards, but I'm going to make the best of it and create Kate Middleton hair that no hat can ruin. I've got my outfit too - will be blogging about that very shortly....

Five - Reading
Oh, books, how I have missed thee. Now that university is done, I can get back to reading exactly what I want, because I want to, not because I need to. In the last few weeks alone I've demolished a fantastic book about Joni Mitchell's 'Blue', a gorgeous book called 'We'll Always Have Paris' and re-read the haunting 'Mrs Dalloway'. All come thoroughly recommended if you're a little bookworm like me!

What have you been loving lately?

1 comments:

  1. I have crap knees and flat feet, so really shouldn't be wearing pumps at all. No other shoe is as versatile though, given the sort of stuff I (and you!) wear.

    Sometimes I get around it by wearing trainers to work and changing into one of the pairs of flats I keep in my filing cabinet (which contains nothing but shoes and as-ye-uneaten punnets from Graze boxes).

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest