The Book Tag

I saw this little tag on Tres Queentastic and, seeing as books are my most favourite things, I thought I'd give it a go too. Here we go...


Audio books or book in hand?
Book in hand. I have this thing where a part of my baby self has remained; the second someone starts reading aloud to me, I'm out like a light. Also, I think it would be incredibly easy to stop focusing and let the mind wander if you listened to the book rather than read it. Most pretentiously, you can't see the beauty of the word if you don't read the word.

Soft or hard cover?
No real preference. I like the solidity and grandeur of a hardback book, but I don't like them so much when I'm reading in bed, fall asleep and drop it on my face (this has actually happened).



Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction. I've only ever read non-fiction books because I have to, other than biographies or fashion books. Now that I'm nearly done with university, I can't wait to leap back into fiction books and really enjoy the luxury of reading something transformational.

Fantasy world or real-life issues?
Real life. I love Harry Potter but otherwise, my favourite books are all set in the actual normal world. That said, all my favourite books aren't modern ones - I love F. Scott Fitzgerald, Truman Capote and Oscar Wilde the most.

Harry Potter or Twilight?
I've read all of both - but Harry Potter by a mile. Twilight was poor - only the first book was well-written; after that, they were hurried, poorly thought-out and merged from the dull to the ridiculous.

Kindle, iPad or other?
We have an iPad, but I'd never read a book on it. Kindles = ugh.

Borrow or buy?
Both. I adore going to the library and filling a bag full of new treasures, and using the excuse of a return date to spend days sitting around reading. The only thing is, I love books in the house, so I usually buy everything anyway, even if I've just rented it from the library!



Book store or online?
A proper old, charming bookshop everytime. I bought a beautiful book in South Kensington last time I was home, in a lovely dusty old bookshop. But they are few and far between now, so faced with the options of Waterstones or Amazon, Amazon wins.

Standalone or series?
Standalone, I think. Sometimes leaving things a little unravelled is perfect.

Monster read or short and sweet?
Monster read, I love getting sucked into something humongous! Although, three of my favourite books are very short (The Great Gatsby, Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Picture of Dorian Gray).

Starry-eyed romance or full of action?
Eh.... somewhere in between is best, but if I had to pick, it would be a good, proper love story every time.

Curl up on the sofa or lay in the sun?
The sofa! Books are made for afternoons curled up inside under a blanket, looking out of the window, sipping tea.

Read the review or decide for yourself?
Decide for myself. If I like the sound of it, the look of it and the blurb, I'll normally just buy it. You learn something from everything you read, even if it's not everything you expected it to be.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest