The Mean Reds

So it's not been the best of weeks, but it's not been the worst.

I finally handed my dissertation in on Friday, and am completely satisfied with the work I did, and how it reads. Now begins the waiting game - I get an indication of my grade around this time next month, but nothing's confirmed until June. However, the absolute relief of handing it in has been somewhat tainted...

Remember that dream job I told you about? Well, I didn't get it.

I almost got it. By the sounds of things, I was the first choice until the final interviewee came along and swept it right out from under my nose. I was told that I left the editor in "no doubt" that I could do the job, and it was merely bad luck that I didn't get it. Which is very strange - it feels encouraging and completely crushing at the same time.

But, onwards and upwards. My mum always says, whatever is meant for you will not pass you by, so I can only assume that sadly, this job wasn't for me, however much I hoped it would be. And I'm taking it with a pinch of salt (and a shot of tequila - drowning your sorrows is almost always a good idea!) and trying to deal with it. I had a big big big weep, moaned to my boy, and then I got dolled up and went for cocktails with our friends, who were none the wiser about the job anyway, so I didn't even have to think about it. It was an excellent idea.

And now, I'm being pro-active. There aren't any other jobs going that are anything like that one just now, and seeing as that was my ideal job, the situation is a little worrying. But I've applied for a few others, in a related field, and ones that are a different job in the same field. A foot in the door is a foot in the door, no matter what room you want to get into. So I'm sitting tight, sending out a few dozen CVs, and hoping that another dream job suddenly meanders into view.

If anyone has any lovely 'it-all-came-right-in-the-end' job stories to share, please do. I don't want my new-found hope to fail me while I'm managing to be so positive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest