A Little Catch-Up

I can't believe how quickly the weeks have flown by since my last post. I did explain there, and in a few previous posts, that my writing would get a little more sporadic thanks to the last-minute avalanche of uni work, and I have been true to my word. But my, how busy these last few weeks have been!

As I type, it is one week until the deadline for my dissertation. And, miraculously, I'm pretty much done. A few more tiny tweaks and it will be finished and ready to be bound, placed on my bookshelf and forgotten about for a few months... or at least until my grades come in. I've been building up to this moment for about eight months now, so to look at the sheer body of work, and to know that my supervisor is very happy with it, feels like a huge achievement. Without even knowing what kind of grade it will get, I feel like I'm standing at the top of the mountain, taking in the view. The dissertation is by no means my final assessment (three more essays coming for me in May, eek!), but it's far and away the biggest and most in-depth piece of work I have ever completed, and I'm pretty proud of myself.

Even more has been going on at home too. After some deliberation, Lewis and I decided that we were fed up of our current flat and wanted to move house. We do love the flat - it's huge, beautifully decorated and in a nice area - but it's in a tenement, where you can hear the upstairs neighbour sneeze, and every footstep in the hall sounds like a stampede. It doesn't help that our upper, adjacent and lower neighbours are all absolutely horrible, and play loud music at all hours and smoke funny things that make our home smell... So we did some hunting and had some viewings, and we have put down a deposit on the most miraculous of flats. It's beautiful, brand new, big and spacious, affordable, and in the best area of Glasgow, where we always hoped we would live one day but never thought we could afford to. I won't say too much just now, as I don't want anything to go wrong, but we move in in less than four weeks, and it's safe to say that I absolutely can't wait!

Something else I want to scream from the rooftops about but can't just yet is career stuff. Last week, I had an interview for my dream job. I'm waiting on a call to see if I've managed to get a second interview, so I'm on tenterhooks just now, waiting for the phone to ring. It would be the most wonderful job and I'm hoping beyond hope that I get it - keeping fingers, toes and even eyes crossed just now!

We also booked a holiday - in June, we're going on our first holiday abroad together! We've been living together nigh on three years, so clearly we've just done everything the wrong way round. We're going to Chania in Crete; it's a beautiful harbour town, and we'll be staying in a family-run boutique hotel that looks stunning. Bikini season is but weeks away - maybe I'd better get shopping...

Everything is in such chaos just now, but it's all so exciting. Even the stress of finishing university and worrying about getting a job is tinged with excitement; I'm so optimistic for the future and really can't wait to see where my life is this time next month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest