Hello Sailor!

No, this is not a post about the new MAC collection. Apologies for any confusion.

I have wanted the infamous Topshop sailor blouse since it hit the shelves last year, but I couldn't justify the price tag at first, and then when I could, it was sold out. I've had almost a year of being consistently outbid at the last minute on eBay whenever I found the blouse in my size, but last week, I finally managed to get one all my own!


It's a size eight but it's very short, so I don't think it works too well with jeans, too much gaping. I think in future I'll wear it tucked into plain skirts or high waisted shorts. My hair is too long to show the detail and I was too lazy to put it up, but basically the top has a very sailor-esque collar that continues round to the back, it's so cute! 


I'm also spending today trying to break these new shoes in. They turned up this morning and I fell in love. I've wanted black patent Russell and Bromley loafers for months and months, but paying half my rent for a pair of shoes is far beyond my reach just now. These amazing lookalikes were from eBay, and an online shop called Taylor-Belle. They were just £14.99 (a tenth of the price of the R&B ones!) and are so far, quite comfy, just a little stiff. I want to wear them with everything! I think I'm going to get a pair in brown too, seeing as it was brown shoes I needed... but they will have to wait until payday.

So a bit of a lazy post today, will try and post about my gorgeous new 18 and East dress that arrived yesterday very soon - it's so fifties-picnic-in-the-park! Gorgeous.

Laura Jayne
xox

1 comments:

  1. I hate breaking new shoes in, when I am rich and famous I shall employ someone to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest