Sometimes there's gonna be days like this

Well hello.

I have decided that I miss my little blog far too much to continue burying my head in the hiatus I declared, so here's a cheeky wee post for you. Final coursework hand in is done, and only one exam and one presentation left, and then moving day!!! (Where there will hopefully be a better space to take photos, this flat is so damn dark).

This little outfit is the result of my impromptu shopping trip last Thursday, when the sun was out in Glasgow and the boyfriend was away at uni, and I had nothing better to do than spend! 


Cardigan, blouse, trousers - Primark. Bag - ALDO. Pendant - River Island

The swan print trousers are my absolute favourite. I wanted the stunning Topshop ones doing the rounds, but I couldn't justify £40-odd for trousers, something that I hardly ever wear. But when I saw this dupe pair in Primark for £10, I couldn't believe it and I pounced on them. Today is their virgin outing, and they're so comfy!

I've wanted a tie-waist shirt for a while but all the ones last year were too short or just unflattering - this one was just £4 and is a great length. It's very sheer so I have to wear a camisole underneath it but I'll wear it so much over the summer that it doesn't really matter. The cardigan was a cheeky treat from my boyfriend - I wanted it but it's a size 16 (I normally take an 8-10), but I quite liked the baggy fit the oversizing gave it, and it was reduced to £5 so I couldn't really leave it. 

I've had the bag for nearly a year now; my friend bought me shoes and a bag from ALDO as a present but seeing as we live 600 miles apart and I haven't seen her in more than a year, I knew she wouldn't really know my taste. I -sorry!- hated the stuff she sent me, so I went and swapped it for this bag and some black patent brogues. The bag was about £40 I think, it's not leather so I wouldn't normally have paid for it, but with a credit note it didn't really matter.

I wore this today to go for a wander around the area we're moving to, I'm so excited now! We live right in the city centre of Glasgow just now and although it's very convenient, I'm getting fed up of being surrounded by clubs and taxi ranks and shops, and always having crowds of people outside the front door. I'm really looking forward to having our own front path and a quiet street to live in, and a lovely big garden to tan in as well!

Laura Jayne xox

2 comments:

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest