London Fashion Week

Hello! Sorry I've been a bit MIA for a week or so, but I've spent the last week working at London Fashion Week and time has run away with me in terms of blogging. I was there writing and photographing for TellusFashion and had one of the best weeks I've ever had - in fact, I forgot that it was actually work!

I saw some amazing shows from up-and-coming designers; TellusFashion supports emerging brands so we had tickets for some rising stars rather than the big, established fashion houses. However, I did manage to get a ticket into the sought-after House of Holland show, after a charming man in the press room decided he'd rather not go and gave me the ticket! It was incredible by the way, all neons and 90s rave - not necessarily my cup of tea, but fabulous to watch. My favourite shows of the week were Krystof Strozyna, Timur Kim and the Ones To Watch showcase at Vauxhall Fashion Scout - Charlotte Simpson's goddess gowns were breathtaking!

I pondered posting separate posts every day with what I wore, but I think I've left it too late for that, so I've decided to give you it all in one go! Here we are...


Day One
Dress - 18 And East. Belt - Vintage. Boots - SoYou Shoes.

I absolutely love this dress! I saw it a few months ago on one of Emma's wishlists and adored it, but it was too expensive for me at about £45. A few weeks later, 18 And East had a half-price day specifically on this beautiful 'plate print' and I knew I couldn't resist it any longer! Add to that an extra 10% off voucher and one for free delivery, and it was mine for about £18. I've been in love ever since...

 
 
 Day Two
Dress - Topshop. Boots - SoYou Shoes.

I bought this dress on eBay a few weeks ago specifically for Fashion Week and I loved it on sight. I like the smooth shape of it and the soft glowing quality the material has! I got streetstyled in this dress a few times so it must be alright..! I wore this with my Internacionale quilted pleather jacket and a leather satchel from Gap (pictured somewhere below). Can't wait to wear this dress again!


Day Three
Dress - River Island. Belt - Vintage. Bag - Gap. Boots - SoYou Shoes.

Ah, love this outfit. This is the dress I bought for my 21st birthday and I've been longing to wear it again, so what better excuse than Fashion Week?! It's comfy and quite flattering with the slim cut of the waist and the slightly flared skirt. I love the lemony yellow too, it really brightened me up I think! This bag is one of the biggest bargains I've ever had. I found it in the Gap sale section about five or six years ago and couldn't stop stroking the leather, as it was so soft. It was reduced from £180 to £20 in the sale, so I snatched it up and have used it ever since! It's 100% calf leather so it will last me a good while, and the leather's only gotten better the more I've used it. Perfect for Fashion Week too, as it went with everything and had enough room for cameras, notebooks, food and goodies too!  


 Day Four
Blazer - Miss Selfridge. T-shirt - H&M. Leather shorts - H&M. Bag - Gap. Boots - SoYou Shoes.

I wore this outfit on Day Four of Fashion Week, where I had the morning and early afternoon off. I went to the V&A Ballgown Exhibition (no photos allowed, but Rose has some wonderful ones!) and to the Hummingbird Bakery in South Kensington. I also got a wander along Oxford Street, where I haven't been shopping for years, since before I left London! It was a comfy and practical outfit - I re-bought these shorts after regretting selling them on eBay, and bought this t-shirt years ago when I first started working in H&M. The blazer was a bargain in the Miss Selfridge sale about three years ago too - sorry all my outfits aren't current stock! I liked the fun flamingo print on the t-shirt (hidden by my hair, oops) with the harshness of the leather shorts and masculine blazer. What do you think?


Day Five
 Body - Primark. Skirt - Zara. Boots - SoYou Shoes.

I really liked this outfit! I bought this skirt a few weeks ago after checking in Zara every week to try and find my size - eventually I found this one in the sale for just £12.99! I love the colour and the frill detail, it really adds some shape and interest to a classic pencil skirt. I chose a plain, unfussy top to make sure all attention stayed on the skirt and I think this simple black body worked really well. It was a comfy and stylish outfit, although you can only take the tiniest steps in a pencil skirt! By day five my boots were so comfortable too; a little tricky to break in but so worth it, I want to wear them every day forever now!

So those were my outfits for Fashion Week. Which one is your favourite?

Laura Jayne xox

1 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm super envious! I would have loved to have been there, and the fact that you got to write about and photograph the whole thing is priceless - it's not easy to get that kind of experience.
    Lovely outfits, I think my favourite is the peplum skirt.
    Hope you had a lovely time, I popped over after clicking on your link on the bbloggerschat hop.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest