ooh la la, i've fallen in love


 Body - Primark. Trousers and belt - Kelly Brook for New Look. Shoes - Internacionale. Clutch - New Look. Watch - Oasis.

To be honest, Kelly Brook is never someone I've looked up to or admired. Mainly I find her irrelevant and a teensy bit irritating, so I tend to avoid wherever possible. However, it's really quite difficult to ignore her range for New Look. It started with a range of elegant vintage-inspired underwear, all silk and lace and feathers, longline bras and highwaisted knickers and marabou slippers. And now Kelly's branched out into an actual clothes range. I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised! Everything is designed clearly with Kelly's shape and personal taste in mind; the range is very 50s-inspired with plenty of cleavage-baring wiggle dresses and crop tops. Most of the range was admirable but not really to my taste (after all, who really does have the figure for a plunge crop top, other than Kelly herself?!) but I loved these highwaisted crop trousers on sight. 

Print trousers have been high on my radar for a while now, despite being a dedicated trouser-hater until not so long ago. I've lusted after Topshop's pale blue spot ones, and bought a pair of dupe swan-print trousers from Primark too, but I loved the fit and feel of these red polka dot ones, how cute and retro they were, and how easily they could make a statement outfit. I bought these in the sale too, for a measly £12, down from £27. Even better!

Teamed with a sleek, plain top like this body really lets the trousers speak for themselves and stand out. I thought black shoes looked a bit too dramatic so the nude colour again puts the trousers in charge! I really do love these trousers - they might even make it into my LFW wardrobe!

Laura Jayne xox


3 comments:

  1. How amazing do you look in those trousers?! LOVE 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just too sweet!! They match your rather fabulous hair!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, great find for the polka dot blouse for 99p - noticed in one of your previous posts! I can barely stop wearing mine! Also liking these trousers very much, they suit you a real treat, nice paired with the black body top too. Same here with Kelly Brook, I have noticed some great stuff in though!

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest