Stealing kisses wishing I was 21

On Sunday it was my 21st birthday! And it was definitely the best birthday I've had in a very long time.

I've been celebrating it for the last fortnight or so, as one of my presents from my parents was a holiday with my friends in Tenerife, where we lazed about, failing miserably at getting a decent tan. Here's me and my best friend Kirsty, making the most of the free bar...!


On Saturday night I had a big birthday party in Glasgow with all my friends, and it really was the most wonderful night. Here's me with Kirsty again, who travelled all the way from London for the occasion!

I wore a yellow mini shift dress that I got last week in the River Island sale, down to £25. I loved the soft lemon colour and the cut-outs at the bust; I like being glamorous for a night out, but bodycon and sequins just isn't me! This dress was the perfect medium between elegant and party-ish. I'll post a proper full-length when I get my photos back!

 On Sunday I got some wonderful presents that I can keep and cherish forever, including a pearl and diamond ring from my parents, which I've longed for forever, and a stunning engraved silver locket from my boyfriend, with the most sentimental (and secret, sorry) story behind it.


Some other gifts include a pretty burnished gold jewellery stand, a ceramic cake server, tea tray and doilies (everyone knows I'm obsessed with afternoon tea!) a Cath Kidston bag and purse, sapphire and crystal earrings and a collar necklace. I also got lots of chocolates and champagne - I'm all set for the next few weeks!

So all in all, despite my trepidation at turning 21, so far, so wonderful! Are you celebrating soon? If so, what's on your wishlist?

Laura Jayne xox

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a lovely birthday! great post

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you look lovely. My recent number was considerably bigger than yours :)

    It was my wedding anniversary yesterday and it's Stringer's birthday tomorrow, so lots of celebrations! I'm taking him for a fancy steak dinner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :) How lovely, hope you both had a wonderful day! And happy birthday to your husband, I see his book is doing pretty well! Enjoy your dinner :) x

      Delete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest