Review: Mark Hill Magic Drops

Since dyeing my hair blonde earlier this year (and subsequently dyeing it back) I've been on the lookout for purse-friendly products that would help restore the hydration and shine my hair had pre-dye. I loved L'Oreal's Mythic Oil when it was used on me in my salon, but I couldn't justify the price, at around £12 for a 125ml bottle, so I definitely didn't even think about the classic Moroccan Oil range either.

I was making do with L'Oreal's Hot Straight Creme until I found Mark Hill's Magic Drops serum in my local Boots. Hot Straight Creme works wonders at helping to smooth my thick, wavy hair, but wasn't doing much to rehydrate or moisturise, meaning I still had dry, frazzled ends after blowdrying, which left me prone to frizz and split ends. Mark Hill's Magic Drops has actually changed that!

I picked it up on a whim; it was on a clearance stand for £1.50, so I couldn't pass it up. Had I known then how good it would prove to be, I would have stocked up there and then. Magic Drops Rescue and Repair Remedy contains extracts of Vitamin E and olives, and promises to soothe, repair, replenish and restore moisture. I have definitely found this to be the case!

The serum has a smooth, thick, luxurious texture, but is by no means heavy or sticky on the hair. The bottle recommends one drop, but as my hair is so thick and long, I generally use two to three on towel-dried hair to make sure all my mid-lengths and ends are covered. And although the serum doesn't promise straightening properties, it smoothes my hair so much that blow-drying it straight is an absolute dream, especially when used with the Hot Straight Creme.


Since I began using this serum about a month ago, I've really noticed the difference in my hair. I've got less split ends now than I've ever had, and my hair has never sat so smooth and straight! The mid-lengths and ends feel much more hydrated and less brittle. You can't really tell in these pictures as I've been out in the rain (oops...) but hopefully you can see that my hair looks much less dry and harsh!

The only problem with this serum is that I believe that, for whatever reason, it has been discontinued! I can't find stockists for it anywhere :( Just when I find something I love! But if you can get your hands on a bottle of this, I would definitely buy it, you won't look back and your hair will thank you for it!

What's your favourite serums or hair treatments? I need ideas for when my lovely Magic Drops eventually run out!


Laura Jayne xox

5 comments:

  1. I'm currently using a hair serum by tresseme and I'd definitely recommend it, but my hair's relatively thin. It's a shame this one seems to have been discontinued! Really good post :) Following you!

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love posts like these, very informative. thanks!

    you have a great blog, definitely following!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried many serums in my hair before however have tried some treatments from shwarzkopf which are alright. The serum you mentioned seemed really good however and your hair is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really long hair and get split ends easily but this product looks great! x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest