Laura Jayne's Face of the Day

I'm not normally one for 'face of the day' and beauty posts, because I don't use high-end makeup like most beauty bloggers, and I often don't photograph too well for close-ups! But I thought today I should maybe give it a go and see what everyone thinks - do let me know!






Left to right: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in Ivory; Collection Cover Up Stick in Light Translucent; Sleek Blush in Pixie Pink; Collection Smokey Eyes Palette; Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Golden Beige; Maybelline The Colossal Volum'Express in Black; MUA Lipstick in Juicy (Shade 15); MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette. Not pictured - Collection Blush in So Pretty.

I wear a pretty basic face most days - my foundation is quite a light coverage as I don't like too thick a base, I feel it clogs my skin too easily. I love a matte look though, so the Dream Matte powder is perfect for creating a shine-free face that lasts nearly all day. I love rosy, glowy cheeks so a bright blusher like Sleek's Pixie Pink is great for lighting up my face and creating a good contrast, and I add a soft glow with Collection's So Pretty, which is a shimmery rose gold blush that is so gorgeous (unfortunately, it's not pictured as the compact smashed in my suitcase, and I'm yet to replace it!). 

I love strong brows, and although mine are already quite thick and dark, with a strong shape, I use the MUA pencil just to fill in any gaps and create a full line throughout. I try and keep it as subtle as possible - no one really likes a 'Scouse brow', do they? I love 1960s-inspired makeup so my eyes are normally the feature I play up most. Here I'm wearing a shimmery beige eyeshadow smudged with a chocolate brown, both from the Smokey Eyes Palette, and I have created a thick feline flick with black powder also from this palette. I usually use liquid eyeliner, but some days I like a softer, smudgier line, and then using powder and a wet brush is perfect. Thick, volumised lashes are my favourite thing, but I can't be bothered wearing false lashes every day, so I look for a good, cheap alternative. I've used The Colossal several times before and I always end up going back to it; it creates long, thick, super-black lashes that last all day without flaking or smudging. 

I love lipstick too, it's something I've really gotten into in the last few years, and my makeup bag is packed full of different shades and finishes. With a smokey eye, a classic nude is the perfect choice, and MUA's Juicy is great for no-lipstick lips. It's a soft, juicy pale coral, nude tinged with tangerine, that livens up the face without overcrowding or taking attention from the eyes. The formula is great too, very soft and moisturising, with a good sheen.

What's your make-up routine? Do you prefer budget make-up like me, or do you find high-end best for you?

Laura Jayne xox

2 comments:

  1. You are SO pretty. I like a mix of budget and high end makeup, it depends on what I'm buying I guess.

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest