Lipstick Collection

Like many girls, I love my lipstick. I got back into it about a year ago, mostly due to Lydia Bright of TOWIE and her amazing wardrobe of colour-pop lipsticks. I got back into it with a postbox red and my colour bravery has continued from there. I am a student, paying my own rent and as such, I have a small budget for luxuries like cosmetics. So everything featured is very much drugstore brands, all under £5 each. Definitely no lovely luxe MAC lippies for me! I've whittled my own collection down to my favourite six, the ones with the best colour or best texture. So here's my top six! Apologies for the photo, the lighting in my flat is just terrible!



(L-R: Collection 2000 Pink Shock; MUA Shade 13; MUA Shade 12; Collection 2000 Bubblegum; Barry M 53; Natural Collection Rose Petal)

Collection 2000's Lasting Colour Lipstick in Pink Shock was a brave buy for me but I absolutely love it. It's exactly what it says; a really vibrant, shocking neon pink. It's quite a glossy lipstick on application, and very opaque, but it does tend to dry out as the wear goes on - not great news if you have drier lips like me! But the colour always steals compliments and is the perfect way to jazz up my face or outfit if I'm having a 'safe' day. At £2.99, it's definitely worth trying out!

MUA is a brand that I hadn't really bothered with, except for a few eyeshadows, with which I was pleasantly surprised. When I decided I wanted to get back into wearing lipstick, I wanted to start bold with a scarlet lip, and I turned to MUA to test red cheaply. Shade 13 was the only red that MUA stocked, but luckily for me, it's my perfect red! It's thick, opaque and not too glossy, and lasts for a surprisingly long amount of time, given its incredible £1 price tag!

MUA Shade 12 is a lipstick I don't wear often. It's a sheer baby pink colour, which is lovely and light and very pretty. My one big problem with it is that it's packed with glitter, making it inappropriate for daywear I think. But again, at £1, you can't really complain.

Collection 2000's Lasting Colour in Bubblegum is probably my favourite, colour-wise. It's a very bright opaque baby pink with hints of lilac, making it quite unusual and fun! Again, as with Pink Shock, it's very thick and quite matte, and tends to dry out my lips, but it is a fabulous colour so I don't really mind!

Barry M's Lip Paint in 53 is my most recent purchase. I wanted a dupe for Topshop's Ohh La La, as I couldn't justify paying £8 for a lipstick at this time! Apologies for the photo, as it doesn't really show up how nice the colour is when swatched. It's a pale, sheer rose gold coral colour, very light and pretty and will be perfect with a tan in the summer. It's priced around £4.50 I think, so not too expensive at all.

My oldest lipstick is Natural Collection's Moisture Shine in Rose Petal. It's a very sheer and glossy pale blush pink, great for achieving a soft nude lip. It's very moisturising and softening, and the colour is great for wearing with pretty much any makeup. And the price was about £2 as well, unbelievable!

What are your favourite lipsticks? I'm always looking to add to my collection!

Laura Jayne xox

2 comments:

  1. I was discussing this very subject with The Other Laura, my driving instructor, earlier - we're both total makeup snobs. My vice was glosses rather than lipstick back in the day, but these days I'd rather stick with one good one instead of three cheap ones. Mind you I'm terrible for buying lipstick on the credit card when I desperately need a pick me up, which is the only reason i have a bright red Chanel...

    Anyway, my daily go-to is Mac's New York Apple. Shimmery, purpley and lovely both during the day and nighttimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I just looked up the Mac one, that's gorgeous! Wish I had some spare pennies to invest in some high quality fancy ones, but until the degree is done with, Superdrug is my one-stop shop. I can dream though!!

      Delete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest