we will find time out of mind

Hello!

Not a very exciting day to report overall, just uni work and eating too many homemade American pancakes. But a little bit of exciting news...! As you may or may not be aware, I'm a singer-songwriter and although I've taken a bit of a break from music in the last few months, I've recently been featured on a compilation album, Attention Glasgow, which showcases some unsigned local talent from in and around Glasgow. It's apparently doing quite well, so the promoter who released it will be on Sunny Govan radio next Thursday, and little lucky me will be going along with him to sing the song from the album and hopefully drum up some more interest! It's just local community radio in Glasgow but it's a nice little step on the ladder! I'm definitely thinking about getting back into the music scene, I obviously study music at university and I was getting a bit of a name back in Aberdeen, but since we moved to Glasgow I had some voice problems and had to take a few months out. Now everything's sorted, I'm raring to go again! If you'd like to have a listen to the kind of thing I do, some tracks are here!


(Jumper: Gap, Jeans: Gap, Scarf: Vintage)

This is my classic 'slobbing out' comfy day outfit. I didn't think I was going anywhere today, hence the lack of effort(!) The jumper is from Christmas 2010 at Gap, it's in a size large so it's oversized and super comfy. The jeans are also from Gap, I got them extremely cheap when I worked there over Christmas last year. I'm not normally a Gap person at all, I hated these jeans when I had to wear them for work, but since I quit working there, I've found myself wearing them twice a week at least! They're the 'Always Skinny' legging jean style, if anyone's interested. The ubiquitous red tartan scarf you'll have to excuse; every man and his dog has one but I love it so much!

So that was my day. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could have a little listen to my songs and let me know if you like them, it would mean so much! Thank you :)

Laura Jayne xox


2 comments:

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest