20 Random Facts About Me

We've all seen these floating around in the last couple of days, and I thought I would have a little go too. No video, just 20 little facts about little old me...

1. My degree is in Commercial Music, but as yet, I have no plans whatsoever to have any kind of career in music. I'm aiming to get into journalism - slightly unrelated but my course is very business-y, so the skills crossover is pretty decent. I don't regret doing a degree in music though; I've had the best six years of my life studying it at both college and uni, and I met my wonderful boyfriend through doing it too, so I wouldn't change it for the world.

2. I cannot stand cheese. The only kind I can stomach is mozzarella on pizza (even then, sparingly) and cream cheese frosting for cakes. Otherwise, get it the hell away from me!

3. I've been blogging for around five years. I had a blog originally in 2008 and kept it for a year or so, before starting another, giving up completely when I moved out - and now I have this one! Not so much of a noob after all...

4. I moved in with my boyfriend after we'd been together for six months, when I was 18. Crazy soon, yes, but for us, it felt right. Everything fell into place at the right time and it was the right thing for us to do. We've been living together for nearly three years now and I couldn't imagine it any other way!

5. I cannot stand wearing jeans, leggings or any other kind of trouser. I wear them two days a week for work, and nothing else, unless they're slobby jogging bottoms or pyjamas. They don't suit me and I hate feeling restricted. Dresses all the way!

6. When I was six, I had a disastrous haircut that's scarred me for life. It was the first time I was allowed to choose my own hairstyle, so I did what every six year old did in 1997 and asked for a Posh Spice shoulder-length bob. However, I somehow wound up with a David Beckham bowl cut. Oh the irony... Subsequently I threw an enormous tantrum, throwing bottles and combs all over the salon, screaming, crying and kicking the hairdresser. Oops.

7. I moved from London to Aberdeenshire when I was 15. My parents bought a house in the middle of the countryside and I had to move from South East London to the back of beyond! My mum and brother moved a week before my Dad and I, so I could go to my secondary school graduation. We actually drove up straight after the graduation, with the car piled high, and me in my ballgown. How 80s movie of us.

8. One of my favourite sandwich kinds is Marmite and Quavers. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

9. My favourite album is Blue by Joni Mitchell. If you've never heard it, I urge you to get on Spotify now! Utter perfection.

10. I am the worst decision maker ever. Even when it comes to deciding inane things like what kind of biscuits to buy or what kind of bubble bath to use.

11. My boyfriend's grandmother gave me her beautiful pink vintage Raleigh bicycle a few months ago, but until I learn how to ride in the road and take one hand off to indicate, it's having a period of rest in the spare bedroom.

12. I can't swim. When I had lessons at primary school, I was too concerned with the fact that the instructor couldn't swim (seriously) and too preoccupied with my hatred of the smell, the humidity and the general grossness of public swimming baths to apply myself properly. It's something I really want to learn, but I'm a bit embarrassed to take lessons.

13. I'm a singer, and I play the guitar and piano a little, and used to write songs. See, there is a reason my degree is in music! If you'd like to listen to anything, there's some songs up here: soundcloud.com/laurajaynemusic. Don't judge me.

14. Both Prince William and Prince Harry told me that they'd marry me when I was a little girl. I was in Windsor for the day, when I was about seven, and it was the same day Prince Harry was enrolling at Eton. We stumbled across the press crowd and they spotted me in the crowd. When they asked me what I wanted to be when I was grown up, I said 'princess'. So, charming as they were, they told me one of them would marry me. Wills, you liar. Harry, call me.

15. I love Coronation Street. And Emmerdale. They're my guilty secret - I watch them when my boyfriend's asleep, or on the ITV player. It's a bit of an addiction.

16. I'm a complete homebody. When I was 17/18, I was WILD and was out drinking and partying all the time, I was hardly ever at home. My uncle owned a pub in the next village and my friends and I were there for three or four days at a time. It's so weird, because now I hardly ever go out clubbing, and I don't enjoy being drunk at all anymore. I just love a sociable cocktail, a bit of a dance and then home. Clubs are generally full of loud, obnoxious people wanting to get smashed and that's not really my scene anymore. My boyfriend has tamed me! Now I love being at home, in cosy clothes, making our own cocktails, or drinking tea(!), watching films and enjoying our own company.

17. I got into the third year of a university course without a single A-Level, which I think is quite an achievement. I have GCSEs, of course, and good ones at that, and I had a HND in Music, but normally A-Levels are a huge stipulation. Now I have an A-Level in English, which I completed at night classes last year whilst studying for my degree. That's dedication.

18. I'm such a wimp. I can't watch any scary films, creepy TV shows etc. When I'm at home alone, every noise creeps me out and makes me jump, and I have to sleep with a nightlight on if my boyfriend isn't home.

19. I collect vintage china. I have a small collection of beautiful teacups and saucers, a teapot, milk jugs, and a beautiful cake stand. Although I love my tea in an enormous Starbucks mug, sometimes there's nothing nicer than having tea and cake in a tiny, delicate little cup. I'm planning to extend my collection once we have our own kitchen, and much more storage!

20. My boyfriend really is my very best friend. Definitely. I tell him everything, we talk about everything and we just have so much fun. I'm not one for massive soppiness but honestly, every day is better than the last with a boy like mine. I'm happier now than I've ever been, and I'd say that's probably all down to him :)

4 comments:

  1. Love these kind of posts!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marmite and quaver sandwich sounds AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what a nice read, thoroughly enjoyed!! Might try something similar on my blog if I can think of 20 interesting things about myself (unlikely).

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha mine aren't so interesting - it took so long to come up with these too!! i'd like to read yours if you made one :)

      Delete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest