What's On My Bedside Table?




I've seen a few of these posts floating about, and I love being nosy when it comes to other people's houses, so I thought I'd do one for you to indulge in too!

My bedroom is one of my favourite places. It's very girlie, with flowers, bunting and plenty of sparkly bits (I will do a room tour one day), but I can't go too mad with it, as it's shared with my boyfriend. Our bedside tables are the places where all our stuff goes that is just purely us, with no input from the other person. My bedside table is utterly selfish, and I absolutely love it.

First up, classic lamp, no explanation needed. The stencilling on it is nice though, it lights up a bit brighter when it's switched on, showing off the pattern. The better lamp is in front of it though - my gorgeous bunny nightlight was a present from my boyfriend a few months ago. It's supposed to be for a child's bedroom but I love it so much, I don't care.

Next up is a pink 'I need a massage' bell! This was a recent addition (a Christmas present from my sister-in-law), that I've been using for everything from a foot rub to a cup of tea!

Books are always perfect for the bedside table. I'm currently reading "Will You Take Me As I Am?", a Joni Mitchell biography, that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas. Joni Mitchell is one of my favourite artists and "Blue" is my favourite album, which is what this book is all about. If you're a fan, it's a great read. Underneath that is my diary; I'm not very good at sticking to nightly "what-I-had-for-dinner" posts, but it's good for when I need to get things out of my mind or make some notes for the morning.

I love having flowers in the flat, and especially in the bedroom. They die so quickly though, that I've decided fake ones are the way forward so that the room always looks cheerful! I have a tiny china jug of miniature artificial flowers here that my mum-in-law put in my 21st birthday box, which are so sweet and always put a smile on my face. Artificial flowers are also present in jumbo form (told you they were the way forward!) with these three coloured gerberas from Ikea, in a cute conical vase.

I have got some essentials on my bedside table, if only a few. I've got my Body Shop Vitamin E range, which I reviewed here. I've got my cleanser and toner here, and some night cream. Cotton wool comes from my glorious latest addition - the bunny cotton wool holder! Stuff it full of the balls and it looks like the bunny has a fluffy cotton tail!

I've got two little trinkets here too, a mini panda ornament that was a present my boyfriend gave me, and a Devonshire pixie I bought on a family holiday as a little girl. Next to that is a photo of my parents, who I don't see very often and who I miss lots and lots!

Finally, there's got to be room for food on the bedside table, and I've come up tops with this. Charbonnel et Walker pink champagne truffles, and a Parisian Moulin Rouge coaster for my all-important cup of tea!

So that's my overstuffed bedside table, full of girlie goodies! What's on yours, I'd love to take a peek!

Laura Jayne xox




2 comments:

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest