What Laura Did: Sunday Catch Up

Hello! Not sure if anyone will actually be able to read this - the perils of changing URLs...! But just in case you are, welcome to my new-look blog, with a new name to match!

This Sunday Catch-Up will be the first of what I'm aiming to make a weekly thing, wish me luck.

This week has been one of books and deadlines, unfortunately. Friday was the second hand-in of my dissertation, and it meant that I had to send over around half of the completed item. It's been a lot of hard work and (sometimes boring) books so far, but once it's done in April I know it'll all be worth it!

Other than the boring, this week included celebrating my wonderful boyfriend's 24th birthday. I gave him some goodies including a toastie maker (it's a classic!) and tickets to the Eels in March, which is particularly special as Lewis played one of their songs to me on our first date, and it's been 'ours' ever since. We celebrated with a surprise indoor birthday picnic, and I baked a humongous raspberry Victoria sponge, then went out for dinner with friends the next night for too much pasta and wine! All in all, a wonderful birthday for him, I think...



I also got to tick off one of my New Year's to-do items this week - booking a holiday! As I said before, Lewis and I have been living together for nearly 3 years, but we've only ever been on mini-breaks to our respective hometowns, and one beautiful weekend in Paris, never an actual holiday. On Thursday, we made it official and booked a week in a beautiful secluded hotel in Crete for June. I can't wait, I'm bikini shopping already!

And lastly, I dyed my hair. I'd never dyed my hair before last year, and loved my dark and shiny tresses. But something made me want to hit the bleach and I spent a few months as an icy blonde, before deciding it was just too expensive to keep up! I had it dyed back, but with a demi-permanent dye, which faded and left me with a subtle ombre. It did look quite nice and warmed my skintone up a little, but I'm so happy to have dark and glossy hair again! I used Garnier Nutrisse for my first home-dye experience and could happily recommend it; I think the colour was 4 1/2, Pure Chocolate Medium Brown. What do you think?

So my week has been a mix of the super exciting and lovely, and the dull and stressful. This week coming will be the first this month without a huge uni deadline looming over me, so hopefully I can relax a little - the calm before the storm, perhaps...!

1 comments:

  1. Oh you have the prettiest blog and layout, Laura! Fingers crossed with your dissertation sweet, it'll be so worth the blood, sweat and tears once the finished piece is handed in. Your boyfriend's cake looks absolutely amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest